Monday, February 27, 2012

Pieritz Brothers Inc.


Pieritz Brothers Inc. is one of the oldest office supply stores in the United States and once you visit you know why.
Some of the reasons we choose to live in Oak Park are the tree lined streets, the sidewalks that lets one walk anywhere and the independent stores. It took me a few years to find this jewel but now that I have I don't plan on going back to the heartless mega-store.

When I go in there I feel like I'm entering a friend's home, there is always time for a chat, the space is cozy and comfortable and they are so helpful. If there is something you need that they don't have in stock they will get it for you. There isn't 10,000 of the same thing sitting on a giant shelf in an over-lit aisle, so I don't leave feeling the weight of mass consumerism on my shoulders.

I have always loved notebooks and pens, a new notebook gives the feeling of excitment and creativity, and this place has a selection any artists would want. Even my 7 year old son starting writing every night after he visited and picked out a new one.

John Roberts is usually there to help, with the face of a poet and stories to match.


And just look at this place



This is the second portrait in my Indie Oak Parkers series, I have a few more almost ready to post.

No comments: