Thursday, September 19, 2013

An exhibit, a donut and diversity

I haven't had a public exhibit of my work in a while, in a long while, since before I had my second child who turned 5 last month. Just as she is about to go off to kindergarten I get asked to show some portraits from my Oak Parkers project, and so on the 4th of October I will hang a sampling of the project at Unity Temple for The Oak Park Regional Housing Centers annual benefit. And who better to show this work to that a group of people coming together to celebrate and invest in Oak Parks diversity.







If you don't already know about The Oak Park Regional Housing Center it is worth looking them up and reading their history, it takes effort to have a town so inclusive and these are some of the people who work at it everyday. http://www.oprhc.org/










and one more thing, they will be at The Farmers Market making donuts this Saturday so go get a bite of one of those balls of sweetness












No comments: